Well being for every body
Why Therapeutic Massage?
Through therapeutic massage, Obsidian Bodyworks’ mission is to…
- Help you understand what is going on in your own body, allowing you to live your best life doing the things you love.
- Empower you in learning how to heal yourself, and get relief from any pain, trauma, insomnia, or anxiety you may be feeling.
- Enhance the well-being of any body who comes through the door.
In everything, I try to understand where your pain or discomfort is originating from, and work on issues from the root instead of just chasing the symptoms they may be causing.
What does it look like?
- Understand your current physical state
- Provide the tools you need to reach your physical goals
- Guide you through the healing process
Instead of focusing on the modality, therapeutic massage is focused on you and your pain relief. Whether your pain is chronic, injury based, or anywhere in between, this session can use a number of techniques to help you reach your goals.
Stretch & Movement Massage
Sometimes it’s hard to find the time, motivation, or ability to stretch, but it can be so beneficial. This Thai-style massage can help increase mobility, flexibility, and improve muscle function. Stretching is generally part of all my massage sessions, but this session is all stretching.
Is massage for me?
What does massage help with?
What should I expect?
How often should I receive massage?
Some is better than none. It varies person to person, and is dependent on your particular muscular goings on. How many sessions you will need to address any issues is unique to every person as well. Some issues can be helped within a few sessions, other long-term issues may require additional time.